Life has been pretty sweet to me lately.
- Max and I have been taking advantage of this awesome weather to finally do some yard work, as it took zero priority when we moved in our house in November. We have about a half acre and there are tons of leaves. It’s not terrible though – last night we used our firepit for the first time to burn what we had cleared up, had a couple of beers, and enjoyed what felt like the beginning of summer at our new home.
- I’ve been designing wedding materials like a fiend in order to open up shop by summer. I’m really happy with what I have accomplished so far. I’m a slow designer as I’m really picky and like to perfect things, so the fact that I have things I deem good enough to sell to others is a Big Deal.
- Our wedding shower is this Sunday! What.
- Our wedding is in a monthish! WHAT.
- A few of my very best and dearest friends from Chicago are coming to Michigan this weekend to celebrate my wedding shower with me. Tomorrow we’re celebrating a birthday as well, which means sushi and a night on the town. I can’t wait.
- I’m going to have a gyro for dinner tonight which should be at the top of this list, really.
Thanks for checking in this week as always, friends. – L
Make Your Mark is a weekly series in which I post a bit of handlettered work in the form of an inspirational, go-get-’em-tiger quote. See previous entries here!